Confectionary Arts International Tylose powder can be worked into fondant to make a really quick gum paste.
To create a quick gum paste – knead 1-3 tsp of Tylose powder to 1lb of a commercial fondant. In drier humidity environments use less Tylose powder and in high humidity environments use more. Can be used in place of gum tragacanth.
- Net Weight: 2 oz (55 g)
- Certified Kosher
Specially formulated to resist humidity
- Improved freeze and thaw stability
- Low bacteria count gives long shelf life
- Emulsifies fat to prevent oxidation
- Net weight: 2 ounce (55g)
Tylose Powder™ Gumpaste Recipe
4 Large Egg Whites
2 Lb. Confectioners’ Sugar
4 Tablespoons CAI Tylose Powder™
4 Teaspoons Shortening
1. Make royal icing by whipping the egg whites & adding confectioners’ sugar gradually at medium speed. Beat 2-3 minutes until soft peaks.
2. While mixing, add the Tylose Powder™ slowly until mixture becomes thick.
3. Scrape out the mixture on a work surface & knead the shortening into smooth consistency.
4. Wrap gum paste in plastic wrap & place in a zip lock bag. Keep refrigerated.
5. Allow the gum paste to come to room temperature before use.